Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"There shall be music and flowers and joy in your home and peace and love in your heart."

These are the words that were spoken to me by the Lord, through Patriarch Olsen, when I was 15 years old.  They have always been a powerful reminder to me of the home I needed to create.  Of course, over the years and even today, there is discord.  But as I sit here at my computer, checking email and the dreaded Facebook...I can hear Grant singing. There has always been music in our home.  Indeed, all of our children LOVE music.  What a blessing their talents have been to our family, as well as to others.  Lately I have been asking Grant if there is a juke box playing in his head.  He sings all kinds of things...in random order.  Old songs and new. Country and Hymns. Rap and Hip Hop...obviously that juke box is on the shuffle mode.  I am certainly going to miss his singing one day...I try not to think about life as an "empty nester"...Not looking forward to that day.  In the meantime, I will soak up his positive energy and pray that music will always lift, motivate and inspire him, as well as our other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment